Find our FEAST organized field trips below and scroll down for a list of local homeschool days.
Dixie Flag and Banner Company
Come see how flags and banners are made. Dixie Flag Banner is one of the most respected and trusted flag companies in the country. Closed toe shoes are highly recommended. We will be split up into groups of 15 and the tour is about 30 minutes long.
Visit the Quadrangle and Ft. Sam Houston Museum on your own. While you are in the neighborhood of Dixie Flag, take time to visit the Quadrangle at Ft. Sam Houston, a historic Army base. You could see where Geronimo and other Apaches were imprisoned as well as tour the museum and learn all about the base. There are deer, ducks, and peacocks to see roaming about. You can bring feed that is appropriate for them (corn, carrots) or buy some there for a donation. The base has Army vehicles, a helicopter, tank, and so much more to see as well! The museum is located at 1405 East Grayson Street, Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234, but you will need a pass from the security guards at the entrance on Walters. Driver’s license and insurance are required to obtain a visitor pass to enter the base. To read more click HERE.
Natural Bridge Caverns
Natural Bridge Caverns is the most extensive cavern within the San Antonio area and one of the largest caverns in the state. See awe-inspiring, ancient formations that are still growing today. Stalagmites, stalactites, flowstones, chandeliers, and soda straws! You will want to take photos so you will never forget these beautiful creations! The Discovery tour is the original and most popular tour. You will be amazed at the natural beauty of this underground world. Walk 180 feet below the ground for a half mile while listening to the knowledgeable tour guide for a little over an hour.
Read all about the caverns and see what educational fun you will have on this field trip. https://naturalbridgecaverns.com/our-story/
Field Trip Follow-Up
to the San Antonio Botanical Garden
& Lego Sculptures
There were over 40 homeschoolers at the Botanical Garden field trip. It was a gorgeous day! The Lego sculptures were incredible and the students were all inspired to build and use their creativity. The Botanical Gardens has added many kid-friendly features and active play areas. Take your family there in spring for fun in the sun in the water play area.
If you would like to participate in a field trip to a local lego business, please contact Jeanette Watje at Community@homeschoolfeast.com.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind; remember your manners will be on display to the world. Please discuss these to equip your children and
have a great time wherever you go!
• Call the coordinator and inform them of sickness or an emergency that will prevent you from attending.
• Prepare the night before.
• Be on time (15 minutes early should be your rule)
• Clothes should be clean, neat, modest and appropriate for the event.
• If you sign up – show up, they are expecting you.
• SMILE! Be friendly, welcoming, and introduce yourself to others.
• Cell phones on vibrate, no texting during tour. No headphones or ear buds.
• Be considerate of others, follow all rules.
• Be respectful and polite to others, say thank you, excuse me, etc.
• Pay attention to your guide and listen well. Think of thoughtful questions.
• Bathroom stop before tour begins
• Supervise your children carefully at all times
• Ask before you touch and only touch what you are told you may touch.
• If snacks or meals are included, pick up after yourself and help remind others.
• Noisy children or babies may distract the guide or others. Quietly move them to the back of the group as a courtesy.