Find our FEAST organized field trips below and scroll down for a list of local homeschool days.
Bracken Bat Cave Field Trip
Bracken Cave is the summer home of more than 15 million Mexican free-tailed bats (Tadarida Brasiliensis), making it the world’s largest bat colony and one of the largest concentration of mammals on earth. The emergence of these millions of bats, as they spiral out of the cave at dusk for their nightly insect hunt, is an unforgettable sight.
Friday, June 7, 10am
Texas Transportation Museum
Natural Bridge Caverns
Over 100 homeschoolers came out for an amazing tour of the beautiful caverns! As the coordinator for the field trip, I was so thankful for everyone arriving on time and many even arrived early! The students were well behaved and despite a few people having problems breathing, it went very well! The weather was fantastic and just in time before the cold snap the next day.
Coordinating these field trips is very rewarding because all of you are so pleasant to work with, your kids are well behaved, and we leave a good impression on the places that we go.
Thank you and I look forward to seeing you at the next field trip!
Here are a few tips to keep in mind; remember your manners will be on display to the world. Please discuss these to equip your children and
have a great time wherever you go!
- Call the coordinator and inform them of sickness or an emergency that will prevent you from attending.
- Prepare the night before.
- Be on time (15 minutes early should be your rule)
- Clothes should be clean, neat, modest and appropriate for the event.
- If you sign up – show up, they are expecting you.
- SMILE! Be friendly, welcoming, and introduce yourself to others.
- Cell phones on vibrate, no texting during the tour. No headphones or earbuds.
- Be considerate of others, follow all rules.
- Be respectful and polite to others, say thank you, excuse me, etc.
- Pay attention to your guide and listen well. Think of thoughtful questions.
- Bathroom stop before the tour begins.
- Supervise your children carefully at all times.
- Ask before you touch and only touch what you are told you may touch.
- If snacks or meals are included, pick up after yourself and help remind others.
- Noisy children or babies may distract the guide or others. Quietly move them to the back of the group as a courtesy.