Find our FEAST organized field trips below and scroll down for a list of local homeschool days.
FEAST Field Trips
Field Trip to the San Antonio Botanical Garden and Lego Sculptures
Monday, December 10, 1pm
$5 per child (3-17)/ $10 students
Register HERE by Tuesday, December 4
For more information contact Jeanette Watje at email@example.com or call (830)360-0112.
Only in Texas can you visit the Botanical Garden in December! Texas sized Lego Creations and 38 acres of God’s beautiful gardens, a perfect field trip for all ages, appealing to both males and females! Curriculum available online for grades K-5 at. Come see this award-winning sculpture exhibition by Brooklyn- based artist Sean Kenney. Created with nearly half a million LEGO® bricks! The thirteen nature-inspired displays at the San Antonio Botanical Garden include a larger-than life Monarch butterfly and a 6-foot hummingbird on a trumpet flower! Just as LEGO pieces interconnect, everything in nature is interconnected. Nature Connects illustrates topics such as animal endangerment, the balance of ecosystems, and mankind’s relationship with nature. Visitors of all ages will connect with nature-inspired sculptures that showcase creativity and STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) in a fun and unique way. See the map of the gardens and plan your visit so you don’t miss anything. About the Artist Sean Kenney is a renowned, award-winning artist and “professional kid.” For over a decade, Sean has been using LEGO toys as a medium to design and create contemporary sculptures. For more information about the artist, and to view other works, visit Sean Kenney’s website.
Top Golf Homeschool Day
Topgolf is a great place to have fun and also learn about sports, business, and even physics – especially with the recent introduction of Toptracer, Topgolf’s proprietary ball flight tracking technology. Children of all ages welcomed! Heaters in the bays will keep you warm, so weather should not stop you from this fun time. Hitting golf balls like this can be a great parent and teen activity! Not a golfer? Not a problem. 80% of guests at Topgolf have never handled a golf club before. It is all about having fun! Normally Topgolf assigns bays all over the building but we will guarantee a section of bays together so children and parents can have fun together! Or a group of friends can get together and have a friendly competition. Topgolf is happy to provide our Golf Pro for tips and tricks for any attendee. Topgolf Management will also be available to speak to students about any questions they might have about future careers in Marketing, F&B, Management, etc.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind; remember your manners will be on display to the world. Please discuss these to equip your children and
have a great time wherever you go!
• Call the coordinator and inform them of sickness or an emergency that will prevent you from attending.
• Prepare the night before.
• Be on time (15 minutes early should be your rule)
• Clothes should be clean, neat, modest and appropriate for the event.
• If you sign up – show up, they are expecting you.
• SMILE! Be friendly, welcoming, and introduce yourself to others.
• Cell phones on vibrate, no texting during tour. No headphones or ear buds.
• Be considerate of others, follow all rules.
• Be respectful and polite to others, say thank you, excuse me, etc.
• Pay attention to your guide and listen well. Think of thoughtful questions.
• Bathroom stop before tour begins
• Supervise your children carefully at all times
• Ask before you touch and only touch what you are told you may touch.
• If snacks or meals are included, pick up after yourself and help remind others.
• Noisy children or babies may distract the guide or others. Quietly move them to the back of the group as a courtesy.