“Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!” Psalm 133:1
Get Ready to Run – Patriot Track and Field is Here!
The Patriot Track and Field team is looking for new athletes, especially middle schoolers! If you are a homeschooler in grades 5th through 12th and you are interested in becoming a Patriot on the FEAST Track and Field team then this is for you:
You must register online at the FEAST website which will become available in January. The track registration fee is $75 with a $250 max/family. You also need to purchase a Patriot Pass to participate in track or in other FEAST activities. You cannot join the team or practice until registration has been completed. Meet uniforms are covered by the registration fee, but you will enter the size needed when you register.
You will be buying the team meet shorts and will need to provide your own running shoes. Team warm-ups are available for purchase, but not required. You can use or buy your own spikes or sign out a pair for the season from the team’s inventory. There is also an option to purchase team t-shirts if you wish.
All meet entry fees and meet equipment (shot put, batons, poles) are provided by the team and your registration fee.
TRACK AND FIELD KICKOFF MEETINGS
You and one parent must attend one of the upcoming Track and Field Kickoff meetings.
- Tuesday, January 1st, at Noon, at Johnson High School Track. This Kickoff Meeting will immediately follow an optional off-season team practice which will start at 10am.
- Monday, January 7, 6:30pm, At FEAST’s New Building, located at 7735 Mockingbird Lane, San Antonio, TX.
- Thursday, January 10, 6:30pm, At FEAST’s New Building, located at 7735 Mockingbird Lane, San Antonio, TX.
At this meeting, you will learn all about the upcoming season. In addition, we will cover the following items:
- Try on uniforms so you can order the correct size
- Try on for size other apparel that will be for sale on our online store
- Review meet and practice schedules
- Track and Field Orientation session
- Answer any of your questions
PRACTICES and MEETS. The team will practice every Monday and Wednesday from 4:45 to 6:30pm at Randolph High School, except for the first 3 high school team practices which will be at River City Community Church soccer fields. The first HS and MS practices are listed below along with our Assessment practices where we test the athletes on various events. Every athlete needs to attend one of the Assessments.
- January 16, 4:45pm, At River City Community Church, First High School Practice
- January 28, 4:45pm, At Randolph HS, High School Skills Assessment
- January 30, 4:45pm, At Randolph HS, First Middle School Practice
- February 4, 4:45pm, At Randolph HS, Middle School Skills Assessment
During the Skills Assessment practices, the athletes will be tested to determine which event or events they are best suited for.
Pre-Season Optional Practices
- December 13, 5pm – 6:15pm at Brandeis HS
- December 20, 5pm – 6:15pm at Brandeis HS
- January 1, 10am – Johnson HS (Kickoff meeting to follow at noon)
If you have any additional questions about the FEAST Track and Field program please contact Coach Dunn at email@example.com.
*NOTE: You must be a Patriot Pass holder in order to participate in any FEAST sport.
FEAST closed the season with an excellent performance at the Texas Homeschool Track and Field Championship, sweeping the competition to win the Varsity and JV divisions and setting four new school records.
Champions in the Varsity division are: Aidan Carlson in the 3200 meter and 1600 meter runs, Alexandra Lanoce in the 100 dash, Justin Gould in the 400 meter dash, Isaiah Hudgens in the 110 meter hurdles, 300 meter hurdles, and pole vault, Mikell Everett in Discus, and David Rivera in the javelin.
The relay teams performed excellently, winning all twelve of the relays and setting two new records in the male and female 4x100s.
School records set at the state meet include: Aiden Carlson, breaking the record in the 3200 with a time of 9:17; Justin Gould, breaking the 400 meter dash by 0.39 seconds with a time of 50.76, and both of the Varsity 4×100 teams broke school records by approximately 0.10 seconds (the old records were 44.08 for the men and a 52.28 by the women).
In the JV division; Sophia Sabo won the 100 meter and 300 meter hurdles; Chase Hill won the 110 meter and 300 hurdles; Angel Martinez won the 100 meter dash; Roger Martinez won the 400 meter dash; and Malachi Hudgens won the pole vault.
The middle school division also performed well, winning every division except for the 10U and 14U boys.
The seniors graduating this year are: Bethany Farias, Hannah Newman, Hannah Macias, Jacob Benitez, Chandler Myles, Josiah Perez, and Aiden Carlson. The FEAST coaches honored them at the end-of-season fellowship.